If you’re single, sooner or later you’re going to begin texting (or if you’re like, a dinosaur, emailing) a woman you’re romantically interested in. And invariably she’s going to send you a word–probably without vowels–that you just plain don’t know. Is she a cryptologist? Probably not. More than likely, she’s just sent you an acronym you don’t recognize.
Now we know you were too busy hunting or drinking or doing something manly to sit down and learn to teen text speak on Urban Dictionary or wherever, so we won’t hold your ignorance against you. In fact (we may applaud it.)
But to help we’ve made a handy list you can refer to anytime you need help communicating with that “foxy” lady in your life.
- WTF! – either you said something totally off-color or something has gone wrong. Either way, your woman is upset and you need to fix it before she tacks on another exclamation point.
- WTF? – this is slightly less concerning than the first, but you still have some explainin’ to do.
- LOL – you may have said something funny.
- LMAO – you probably said something funny.
- LMFAO – you definitely said something funny.
- ROFLMFAO – you need to call a hospital.
- lol – false alarm – she’s simply using this in place of punctuation.
- BRB – she’ll get back to you in a few days.
- BBL – she’ll get back to you in a few weeks.
- TTFN – you’ve just been friendzoned.
- NSFW – take your phone into the bathroom before opening that attachment.
- FYI – anything that follows this is going to be very sarcastic.
- BTW – same as FYI.
- OMG – “oh dear!”
- ILY – stage 5 clinger
- oh, em, gee – you’re dating a sorority girl.
- DGAF – you’re dating a sassy sorority girl
- YOLO- You’re manhood is being questioned- go out.
- OMGWTFBBQ – you’re using too many acronyms. She’s making fun of you.